Finneytown Local School District will have early release on Tuesday, September 14, 2021, due to the forecasted temperature, humidity, and heat index. Please read our Heat Plan below to see details for each building.
Heat Response Plan
With the expected high temperatures over the next few days, we want to inform our families about our plan for extreme heat days. Most of our spaces, including our cafeterias and buses, do not have air conditioning. Furthermore, wearing masks reduces the body’s normal ways of getting rid of heat, increases the effort required to breathe, and can elevate perception of anxiety brought on during wear. Our primary goal is to keep our students and staff safe while also maintaining our commitment to in-person learning.
After consulting with our nurse and Hamilton County Health Department regarding masks and heat, we have decided to use temperature, humidity and the heat index to determine if we will release early. Below is the plan for early release.
- Morning transportation will remain the same.
- Building release times:
- 11:00 AM Secondary Campus
- 11:30 AM Brent Elementary
- 12:00 PM Whitaker Elementary
- There will not be any virtual/remote learning in the afternoon.
- A bagged lunch will be available to all students at dismissal.
- There will be no PM extended care on heat early release days.
- Parents/guardians of afternoon Extended Care students should contact the school to explain how your child/children will be getting home.
- Extended Care students eligible for bus transportation (residence more than a mile from school) can receive bus transportation home.
- Early heat release days do not impact schedules or transportation for Oaks Programs, preschool programming, parochial schools, or students attending other outside placements.
- All extracurriculars will continue as scheduled unless you are notified otherwise by the coach or club supervisor.